What You’ll Need When You Apply
- Pay stubs covering most recent thirty days
- W-2 statements covering the past two years
- Bank statements covering the most recent three months
- 401K, IRA, or Mutual Fund accounts showing most recent transaction summary
- 12 months cancelled rent checks or the name and address of your current landlord (if applicable)
- Fully executed divorce decree (if applicable)
- Letter explaining any known credit problems or fluctuations in income
- Two years signed personal federal income tax returns including all schedules If self-employed through a corporation, the last two years’ corporate returns as well as a year-to-date profit and loss statement and balance sheet
Remember Communication and/or Writing should be Clear. If Not, Ask Questions
- Read all disclosures carefully and ask questions for clarifications.
- Ensure that the income you report on your application is the same reported on your tax documents.
- Inform your loan officer of any past credit problems.
- Review your credit report carefully to verify its accuracy. (This is important)